Food for Thought


---------------------------------------------------------------
It is better to trust and be disappointed once in awhile than to distrust and be miserable all of the time.

-Abraham Lincoln

---------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Seth's Baby Blessing

Today was Seth's baby blessing. Seth was an angel on Saturday so I worried today he would be a grumpy little man. The day didn't start off well when he woke up at 3:50 am and as the blessing time got closer, Seth was still wide awake and starting to squirm and fuss.
Before the blessing there was a baptism confirmation. Seth started to cry so I stood up and walked to the door with him so I would be able to step out if he started crying. Two minutes later the confirmation was over and I was preparing myself for Seth to start wailing as I handed him over to Clint. But as I moved him off my shoulder, a prayer was answered! He was fast asleep and stayed that way through the entire blessing AND the rest of the sacrament hour!
The words Clint spoke to little Seth were so sweet. He ended his blessing reminding Seth of how lucky we were to have him in our life and to never doubt that we love him. For those of you who know Clint, he isn't shy around his friends but he isn't really social in large groups...especially groups of people he doesn't know well. I know he was nervous to give the blessing and so I am so proud of him!
This was right before sacrament started. My two boys are so handsome!


I absolutely LOVE this picture of Seth. He just looks like such a little man!

Seth with Nana!

Jon holding Seth and Briana holding Mia. Don't these two look like naturals with the kiddos??? I think they need to have one of their own...and SOON! :)

Shawn and Kim. So cute! I was so happy to have Shawn in the circle today with Clint while they blessed Seth.



Seth is giving us a thumbs up for a great lunch/party after the blessing...although he slept through the entire thing!


Emily and Kaylyn. Kaylyn got all the good looks in the family! She will be the one to teach Seth how to be stylish!


Seth with great Grandma and Grandpa Rasmussen.


Seth with Grandma and Papa. Thankfully, Grandma and Papa were kind enough to host the lunch at their house since their house is 1) bigger 2) nicer and 3) has WAY more parking!


Seth is one cool dude!


This Seth's cousin Colette. She will be 8 at the end of the month so she was trying on her baptism dress. How could we not get a picture of the two of them all in white?!


Four generations (from left to right: Seth, Clint, David, and Grandpa Rasmussen)

Seth with his mommy. Yes, I know. I look tired. I AM tired.

I was so excited for Clint to have this opportunity as a father. He is a wonderful dad already. I think he changes more diapers in a day than I do. I am so lucky to have him in my life and I am so thankful that we have little Sethy too.

2 comments:

fauxy said...

Em! You look so good! And Seth? Honestly he is so stinkin cute and always seems to have a little smirk on his face. Hope everyone is doing well and Seth is a happy camper!

Marcus and Amy said...

I love your new header picture, and Seth's blessing outfit is so sweet! It is amazing how calm they can get right before thier blessings. I personally think they know whats going on and they are still so close to the vail!

Way to go Clint!

I am going to call you guys soon - Addie and I want to come and see him!