Food for Thought


---------------------------------------------------------------
It is better to trust and be disappointed once in awhile than to distrust and be miserable all of the time.

-Abraham Lincoln

---------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, September 26, 2009

San Diego

I'm finally getting around to posting some pictures of our trip to San Diego. I went a little crazy with the camera at San Diego Zoo and SeaWorld so I thought it might be a little easier to put all the pictures on a slideshow and then just talk about a few of my favorites:





Here is a picture of our rental car...Clint's dream car. He was in heaven for the whole trip!



Clint and I saw a lot of animals that looked a lot like our little furballs at home. This pot belly big looks a lot like our fat little Molly...






...and this sea lion looks so much like Tess!



I'm a sucker for sunsets. This is a view just outside our hotel.




On the tram at San Diego Zoo. This park is HUGE! It was nice to be able to take a little rest and get from one side of the park to the other.




I'm not sure I'll ever be able to enjoy Hogle Zoo again. The animals at the San Diego Zoo are so much more active and their habitats are so great! Hard to believe only a piece of glass separated me from this hippo!








Just waiting at the dock before we go out on the boat behind us for dinner and a cruise around the harbor. Just an FYI...I was FREEZING on the boat! It was so cold that my server found me a table cloth to wrap up in!



Our "taxi" driver to the dinner cruise was quite interesting. The music you hear on this video is actually coming from his bike. He had gold teeth and he smiled and rang his little bell at all the passersby. Then he gave us his business card. It said his name was "Lance Legstrong!"



The Shamu show at Sea World was so cool!






Here is Clint waiting for the dolphin show to begin. We waited for quite a while but he was happy because he got his frozen lemonade.


Petting the bay rays was BY FAR my favorite part of the trip. They swam right up to us and put their squishy little heads right under our hands. I loved it!



The sea lions were pretty fun to watch too! These things even whine for food like Tess does!





1 comment:

Marcus and Amy said...

What a fun trip! You got some great pictures too!