Food for Thought


---------------------------------------------------------------
It is better to trust and be disappointed once in awhile than to distrust and be miserable all of the time.

-Abraham Lincoln

---------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Jane Eyre

This year I decided I was going to read a lot more since I have become a little bit of a reality-TV-loving couch potato. But you will probably notice that a lot of the books I have read this year have been murder mysteries or fantasy-based novels. I thought it might be good to try reading something a little more "classic" so I bought Jane Eyre a month ago.

I have to say....I'm a little disappointed! Once I got used to the Old English flowery language, I found that Charlotte Bronte writes about love incredibly well! But the story just didn't quite end the way I would've liked.

I think I'll stick with my Twilight-type books from now on! I'd rather read about handsome, romantic vampires instead!

1 comment:

Marcus and Amy said...

Thats so funny! I want to read more too and I get into a book and think..."where is the breathtakingly handsom vampire?"