Food for Thought


---------------------------------------------------------------
It is better to trust and be disappointed once in awhile than to distrust and be miserable all of the time.

-Abraham Lincoln

---------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, June 20, 2011

4 needle pokes and 1 finger prick later...

...and you have a very unhappy little man!


I snapped this picture just after Seth received his 12 month immunizations. Poor little guy! Normally Clint holds him for the needle pokes because I can't bear that part of his doctor visit but since he was out of town, I had the honors. (Disclaimer: I did cuddle and love him for a bit before I took this picture of his suffering...I'm not that mean!)


But the doctor said he's doing just fine! His 12 month stats are below:


Height: 28.7 inches

Weight: 21 lbs 2.5 oz

Head: 45.3 cm


All around, Seth seems to be in the 20th percentile.

He's a little dude.


At 12 months, Seth...



  • walks well all over the house



  • is sleeping less than at 9 months old. Boo! (about 9-10 hours a night)



  • still takes 2 naps during the day but he is trying really hard to get rid of his afternoon nap



  • has 6 razor sharp teeth that he still tries to use on Mommy



  • climbs on EVERYTHING!!! (as you can see from the picture below) He even gets himself stuck on the chairs when they are pushed under the kitchen table because he still insists on climbing onto them.




  • never uses a binky!



  • loves toy cars



  • is now drinking cow's milk from a sippy cup



  • still has little interest in TV or kid movies



  • has discovered my eyelashes and tries to pull them out any chance he get!



  • has learned how to "high five"



  • still isn't saying any words...just baby jibberish



  • loves loves loves to cuddle with his soft "blankie"



  • insists on standing during his entire bath time in the tub



  • loves my cell phone



  • just started daycare


Speaking of daycare...can I just say, his first day was SO hard for me! I have been so lucky and blessed to have two fabulous babysitters this past year that have watched Seth at their homes while I visited my clients. Seth loved being at their homes and playing with their kiddos. But I wanted to start working longer blocks of time during the day and these two amazing babysitters were both pregnant and so I just felt it was time to put Seth in a traditional daycare.



I was looking forward to having two whole days to myself to work and visit clients and be productive. And then his first day came. I took him into his classroom where he immediately ran off to examine all the new toys he had never seen before and I easily slipped out without him noticing. And as I walked away, tears just started streaming down my face. I couldn't control them! I became so emotional and was fanning myself with my hands trying to get a grip on things. The two women at the front desk just smiled at me, told me it was a normal thing. Well I had a good cry over the phone with my mom on the way back to my house after that and felt better.



But I digress.



Seth is a busy little boy, constantly changing and so much fun...most of the time. (Not right now though because he is pulling on my legs and whining for my attention.) That's my cue to end this post!


2 comments:

LuAnn said...

He is a cutie! I am so glad you have him. Kids bring so much joy to your life.

fauxy said...

Oh Em, I can understand the emotions attached to leaving your little one, AND I'm pregnant as I'm getting teary eyed just reading that post!!