Food for Thought


---------------------------------------------------------------
It is better to trust and be disappointed once in awhile than to distrust and be miserable all of the time.

-Abraham Lincoln

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, June 24, 2010

More Pictures

Here is another batch of photos and my comments. Apparently I was mistaken about baby stories, I have received a wave of outrage for trying to limit our baby stories. Emily will be sharing more of those later on. Enjoy!



The hand position looks menacing but we are actually holding him upright to get him to burp. As you can tell by his expression, he is working hard.

He kind of scares me when he looks like this.

Tess has calmed down a bit since Seth arrived. Only a bit, but it is an improvement.



Peek - a - boo!



Tess meeting Seth. She doesnt know what to do with someone smaller than her. Notice the breast pump and SNS device in the background. No story to go with them, I just wanted to point out the fun parenting devices.


Molly meeting Seth. She is deciding whether or not he is edible. He is not.



This is further proof that my baby is cuter than yours. Seriously, he looks like he is a small Senator or something. He would get my vote.



This is our first attempt at a bath. It did not go well. We brought every possible bath object downstairs, only to realize we had forgotten things midway through the bath.



Emily....always calm under pressure. Notice I am taking pictures, not helping....Em will thank me later.


Whenever I try to smile in a picture, I end up looking like Kermit the Frog. To avoid this, I always make a stupid expression that normally ruins an otherwise normal picture. Sorry.


Grandma Lisa and Chloe. Chloe apparently is deciding whether or not Grandma Lisa will drop Seth. She did not.


Grandpa David using Chloe to check if Seth pooped. Seth just goes with it.



After Seth passes the poop inspection, Grandpa David allows Seth to rest in his arms. Grandpa David is a bit confused what to do with a baby, expecting Seth to be a bit more entertaining.


Our first attempt at a walk. This walk lasted about half a block before Seth decided he wanted to go home. He really dislikes his carseat.


Greg and Seth. Seth and Greg. Already bossom buddies.


Melissa and Seth. Melissa is already trying to think of an escape route for when she tries to run off with Seth.


The baby test. Melissa is judging how Greg is handling the baby to decide whether he would be a good father later on. He got a 6 / 10, which is passing but with room for improvement.


Melissa still planning her escape route.
Thank you for everyone who has stopped by, brought dinner or done many other things to help welcome Seth into our lives. We appreciate it!

4 comments:

fauxy said...

Oh he is so adorable! He'll get better with the car seat thing. Baths will also get much funner. I love reading your blog - so funny!

Missy said...

He is so sweet! It looks like you are having a ton of fun with him. I hope Emily is not getting too stressed about the nursing; the pump and SNS are all too familiar to me! I hope that starts going more smoothly soon if you're having trouble now. Keep the pictures coming!

Marcus and Amy said...

I love the comment about him looking like a small Senator! That is classic! He is such a cute little guy!!

Way to go Emily on his first bath - I had my mom do it and show me how it was done!

And I LOVE the smell of that lavender baby lotion - it is my favorite to put on Addie after her baths and I do think it is calming too! I am not such a fan of the original pink bottle lotion, I think it smells funny.

Can I come and meet him?

lauracritchfield said...

Oh he is so cute. He already looks like Clint, which is a bit strange cause normally they take a while to look like anyone...but I think you have had a clint clone...LOL. He is adorable. so glad your labor went well and little Seth is here and healthy. Congrats