Food for Thought


---------------------------------------------------------------
It is better to trust and be disappointed once in awhile than to distrust and be miserable all of the time.

-Abraham Lincoln

---------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, April 26, 2008

NFL Draft

This weekend is my favorite weekend of the year. I love the NFL draft. Every year, it falls on finals week and I lose a letter grade as a result. I also make a prediction about overrated and underrated players. Here are some past picks (I also do it for the NBA).

NFL
Overrated
Vince Young Texas
Reggie Bush USC
John Beck BYU

Underrated-
Tatum Bell Oklahoma State(Yeah, blew this one)

NBA

Overrated
Steve Francis (Maryland)
Marvin Williams (UNC)

Underrated
Steve Nash (Santa Clara)(Great call by a much younger me)
Greg Ostertag (Um, Kansas I think?) (For every great call, there is an Ostertag)
Brandon Roy (Washington)

These were obviously not the only picks but the highs and lows. I want this recorded so people can not say I am lying when I predict them

This year NFL

Overrated
Chris Long DE Virginia
Golston DE Ohio State
Malcom Kelly WR Oklahoma

Underrated
Brian Brohm QB Louisville
Ray Rice RB Rutgers

These arent too say the overrated will be horrible of the underrated will be amazing but they will not meet expectations, either for the positive or negative.

1 comment:

Keri said...

Hey Emily! I hope you don't mind- I found you through Brad's blog! It really was great seeing you- I wish it was under different circumstances though. You look awesome! Is that a Boston you have? I love them! I hope you are doing well and we'll have to keep in touch! If you don't mind, I would like to link you to my blog?

Keri Reid