Food for Thought


---------------------------------------------------------------
It is better to trust and be disappointed once in awhile than to distrust and be miserable all of the time.

-Abraham Lincoln

---------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Jazz Game


I was just about to leave work and go to accounting on monday when my neighbor called and offered us tickets to the Jazz game. As tempted as I was to attend class for the first time since the midterms, it was just too good to pass up. Below is a picture of me and Em at the game. And no, that picture was not taken outside the arena. That is literally the back of the seating behind us, we were on the top row.


(Ah, aren't we cute! And white!)


The seats, despite being on the top row were not bad at all. Below is the view from my seat.




As you can see, the view is not too shabby. I have a good side view with access to the jumbo tron if somehow I miss something. Considering I paid $0.00 for the tickets, I have nothing to complain about.

Here is my wife's view. She complained the whole time, but I didnt really hear her until the game ended. I thought I offered to switch seats with her, but to be honest, I might have only done that in my mind.

(He literally was like this the entire game, so Emily says)



The guy who sat (well, had the ticket for the seat) in front of Emily jumped up and down every time the Jazz touched the ball and corrected the officials from his vantage point. The whole group around him were season ticket holders and obviously were deeply invested in the game. While we cared, we also were aware of a reality outside the arena so we didn't fit in.

While there, we sampled the Papa John's Pizza and came away sorely disappointed. It tasted worse than the grease collectors they sold in high school. It was like we were buying Pizza left over from the Malone era that was re-dipped in grease and put in a Papa John's box. Word must have traveled because we spent the entire halftime in line to buy ice cream right next to the Papa John's stall and only 2 people bought pizza. 2!

I have been interested to see the rise in popularity in the new Twilight series. I have never read it myself but firmly believe it wouldnt be as popular if Harry Potter hadn't helped re-introduce a love of reading to people. While, like Harry Potter, it has many aspects that could leave it open for blatant jokes and taunts (it is about vampires and teenage love) I will never make fun of it for 2 reasons: 1)Buffy the Vampire Slayer if my favorite TV show of all time and it would be somewhat hypocritical of me to make fun of a show due to some the main characters being a vampire when the main character in Buffy kills vampires. 2) I am a Harry Potter fan, which involves vampires, teenage love, witches, wizards, house elfs, hypogriffs, quiditch, wands, potions, dragons, broomsticks etc etc etc.

We are entering Finals week, or weeks, so our thoughts and prayers are with all those about to embark in this wonderful tradition of cramming and forgetting.

4 comments:

Marcus and Amy said...

Your commentaries are so funny! We got free tickets to the nose bleeds once...never again will I go up there - I think those are the die hard fan seats! So I feel Emily's pain. As for the food - I only get Red Mango, I too did the pizza once and my stomach was in knots for 3 days after. But go Jazz!

You should read the Twilight series...this is coming from someone who never reads and I really enjoyed them! Plus the movie comes out in Dec. You have to read them before them!

Anyway, love the posts! You guys are funny!

Jon and Briana said...

yeah dont you love the education system I know I do!! just regergitate I am actually just trying to ignore the fact that I should be studying my butt off! Good luck!

Carson said...

Emily sounds like you had a fun night. I sure had fun with you last night. Hey I am really sad that I am not apart of your Gang...I guess Im not that important to you! (haha)

Heatherbether said...

Emily-it's me, Heather, the girl who threw cold cereal at you in the shower at DT.Hey girl!! You look GREAT! I was SO sad to read about your sister Misty. That is so sad and I really hope that you are handling it okay. I was just talking to Natalie the other day about planning a college reunion with a few of us girls. I started a blog last month if you want to catch up on what we're up to: www.thebeusblog.blogspot.com. Love you girl! Oh, Nathan says hello!