Food for Thought


---------------------------------------------------------------
It is better to trust and be disappointed once in awhile than to distrust and be miserable all of the time.

-Abraham Lincoln

---------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, January 14, 2011

Seth's First Big Boo-Boo

So, let me first start by apologizing for the "baby talk." I'm not a big fan of the word "boo boo" but that is the best way to describe Seth's unfortunate mishap this week.
I was working at my desk and he was sitting by my feet, happy as can be, just chewing on a rubber ducky. He still has a few wobbly moments when he is sitting on his own and in a flash he had teetered just enough to throw him off balance and he fell forward - right into a sharp edge of our bedframe.
I can't even begin to describe the scream that came out of this poor little dude's mouth. Above his right eye turned purple immediately. He stopped crying fairly quickly but I still felt so bad for him!


This picture was taken about 2 minutes after the "event" occurred. I was panicking and called Clint to see if I should take him to the doctor. (He was in Seattle for the week.) He told me to take a picture to see how bad it was. Poor little buddy is still quite upset as you can see in the picture.





And I have to also apologize for the poor picture quality. These pictures were taken on my cell phone and for some reason they wouldn't enlarge so I had to manually enhance them. This picture was taken the next day. He seems pretty happy considering he looks like he is wearing purple eyeshadow on his right eye.


1 comment:

Marcus and Amy said...

Poor little guy! It makes him look rough and tough!

Addie had a bad weekend last week too - she was running a little to fast and slipped on her floor mat under her high chair and went right into the corner of the chair! It took like 2 min for the bruise to come but it was nice and purple on her cheek! THEN, the next day, I was taking off her coat and her zipper got caught on her skin under her chin! So she had a nice scab there for awhile too! She was a bruser all week!

It is so sad when they get hurt!