Food for Thought


---------------------------------------------------------------
It is better to trust and be disappointed once in awhile than to distrust and be miserable all of the time.

-Abraham Lincoln

---------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, January 17, 2011

I forgot about this!

I forgot to blog about this.

Earlier this year, Clint and I decided to put a puzzle together in an effort to keep from going insane while being housebound with Seth. Now, when we put a puzzle together in my family, there is a rule that you cannot look at the picture on the box while putting it together. Which means this puzzle was pretty hard to put together. I got to the point where I was dreaming of puzzle pieces because we would stare at them for hours at a time right before going to bed.

Anyway, we plugged away at this puzzle for weeks and finally started to finish it up. And this is how it looked finished. Yes...you can see that one piece is MISSING! We seriously searched and searched and searched for this last piece and couldn't find it anywhere. Either the dogs ate it, it was never in the box in the first place, or we vacummed it up.

Speaking of vacuums...we actually pulled the bag out of the vacuum and searched through all the dust in a desparate attempt to find the last piece. I decided to play a trick on Clint and yelled "I found it! I found it!" And he came running over only to see me laughing at him. A few minutes later I flipped through some of the dust and, what would you know, there was the last piece! I screamed to Clint again that I had found it! I was so excited I was shaking! So Clint told me since I found the missing piece that I should be the one to put it in and complete the puzzle. And when I went to put the piece in, I noticed that we were missing ANOTHER piece! To get back at me for tricking him earlier, he had hid another piece of the puzzle in the dust to make me THINK that I had found the final piece. All I can say is...he got me good!

1 comment:

Katie said...

That is so funny! I am so impressed that you put that puzzle together! i am not sure the last time that I actually completed a puzzle that had more than 25 pieces!