Food for Thought


---------------------------------------------------------------
It is better to trust and be disappointed once in awhile than to distrust and be miserable all of the time.

-Abraham Lincoln

---------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, March 1, 2010

Way Behind!

I keep reading facebook updates of people who have finally caught up on their blogs! It made me think that it might be time for me to play catch up too. As I am too lazy to reorganize the pictures here, I am going to work backward in 2009...


New Years Day!
It is a tradition for our family to meet for breakfast on New Years Day. I love being with family and I love to eat so it's a hard one to say 'no' to...even though we stay up LATE the night before. (This last year we had an awesome time with our friends. But I forgot to take pictures so check out Jon and Briana's blog for the fun we had!) Clint and I are always grumbling as we get into the car and make our way down to the Provo area at 8 am but it is always worth it! This was at Jim's Restaurant in Pleasant Grove.

Christmas!
Clint and I LO-OVE Christmas! Without fail, each year we set a budget of what we can spend on each other and each year Clint goes WAY overboard! (Notice the KitchenAid???) We have begun to watch all of the Lord of the Rings movies (extended edition) over the course of the Holiday break! It is so much fun to be home cuddling with my best friend, watching movies!


I have begun collecting the "Willow Tree Nativity Set." I just about have all the figurines now. I love having this set up in the front room by our Christmas tree! It's so peaceful and timeless!


I have been begging Clint to put up Christmas lights every year since we moved into this house! He FINALLY did it! I have to admit...it was a much bigger pain than I realized. Sorry babe!


BYU vs Utah Football Game!

Notice how cheerful these U fans are when the game first started? Oh, if only I had captured the disappointment on their faces when BYU made that last touchdown to win the game! But I was too busy cheering and screaming at the TV to document things. Go Cougars! This win resulted in letting me put the BYU ornament higher on the Christmas tree than the Utah ornament. It's the simple things in life that give me pleasure...


Of course, there must be food when watching a football game!


THANKSGIVING!
The first "belly" shot of me. Just starting to show that I'm pregnant...mostly I just look like I'm getting fat!



A while ago I mentioned that I would be cooking the turkey for our Thanksgiving dinner at my parent's house. Now, my turkey didn't look nearly as good as the one that I posted on my blog (I googled that one) but Clint did say he isn't much of a turkey fan but mine was the best he had ever had! Thanks to Food Network for all the turkey cooking tips!


There were only 5 of us eating dinner on Thanksgiving. Did that stop my mom and I from going overboard with the food??? No way! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because of all the leftovers! The only bad thing is that I was still in my "morning sickness" phase so I didn't have quite my normal appetite!



HALLOWEEN!
Clint loves to decorate pumpkins! He carved the cute little white one! We also hung a gi-normous fake spider above the door and found that just about all the "little" kids would not come up to our door for candy because they were afraid of it. oops.

No comments: