Food for Thought


---------------------------------------------------------------
It is better to trust and be disappointed once in awhile than to distrust and be miserable all of the time.

-Abraham Lincoln

---------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, March 1, 2010

While I'm at it...

ok, ok, OK!
I have been asked where my pregnant "belly" pictures are. Now, I'm not really one for side profile shots. Especially to show off the basketball that now resides where my flat stomach should be but I thought I better post something. I know I should be embracing all aspects of pregnancy...especially since it was so hard for me to get pregnant in the first place! But truth be told, I have some mixed emotions about my changing shape. Yes, it is exciting to feel Noah (that is his name for now)kicking and moving around and seeing me get bigger means he is getting bigger too, which I am very happy about. But I have been small my whole life. To suddenly be packing on the weight and not be able to fit into clothes anymore has been quite challenging.
At 20 weeks...

At 24 weeks...notice I am also finally wearing maternity jeans!

We also bought a crib. My friend, who used to work at a baby store, told me you don't have to spend a lot on a crib...it's the mattress that really counts. So we found this crib at Target for a pretty good price! Here is Clint putting it together with the help of the dogs...



Molly cleaned the floor...


...and Tess picked up the styrofoam and carried it around on her whiskers...



Ta Da!


6 comments:

Carson said...

I love the belly! You look so dang cute! We really need to get together soon. call me

Becca said...

Oh my gosh! Sooooo cute! Thanks for posting some of those super cute belly shots! You look great!

Marcus and Amy said...

Emily! Whatever, you are a totally cute preggers mama!

If it makes you feel better...I gained 50 lbs! 50! I was really shocked, because in all honesty I was not doing the whole "eating for 2" thing, I indulged, but I didn't pig out. Well, when Addie came in the first 2 weeks I dropped 35 lbs!! 35! The mojority of the weight was swelling! And I was swollen! But thank goodness I didn't have to work to lose all 50! And here it is 10 weeks later and all I have left to lose is 5 more lbs to be to my pre pregnancy weight. (Never mind that I would like to lose 25 more!)

You look great! Congrats! ;)

fauxy said...

Em! Your tummy is so adorable! Unfortunately the weight gain is the price that must be paid for the darling little ones! I too have a 10 week old now and still have around 6 or 8 lbs. to lose. And fitting into my pre-pregnancy jeans? I certainly dream about it and pray it will happen one day! Truth is, it's totally worth it and you'll most likely snap back right into your petite, cute shape! Your belly is so cute! Enjoy your small belly now, cause in another month, you'll miss it!

Heatherbether said...

Emily-I noticed on your 2010 goals you had listed a 5K in Seattle. Girl, if you come to Seattle, only 3 hours away from me, and we don't find a way to hook up and see eachother you're in BIG TROUBLE....I might come down to Utah and dump cereal on you in the shower is you don't come see me!!

Kristi said...

You look so cute pregnant!! I'm very excited for you guys. Life is so great with a little one!!