Food for Thought


---------------------------------------------------------------
It is better to trust and be disappointed once in awhile than to distrust and be miserable all of the time.

-Abraham Lincoln

---------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Tulips Tulips Everywhere!

This post is a little late. My tulips are no longer in beautiful bloom. In fact, most have lost all their petals. But I still wanted to show off my very very basic "green thumb" skills.

Last year I dug up a bunch of red tulips that surrounded the pathway to the house and then in October, I replanted them along with some other fiery tulips in the side yard flower beds.

So as spring approached this year, I was anxiously awaiting the blooming of these tulips to see if I could actually make something grow.

The crazy thing is that the red tulips that I replanted somehow came up yellow this year on the side yard. There were still a few that bloomed around the pathway to the front door and they bloomed red but the ones on the side yard did something crazy underground this winter and bloomed yellow.

Ta Da!
Here they are!
The first buds starting showing up in March

These are the same red tulips that have been coming up every year around the pathway to the front door.



This is one of the bulbs that was originally by the front door that I moved to the side yard flower bed. You can see the faint traces of red on the edges of the petals! Science amazes me!





My new fiery tulips!


In full bloom!

No comments: