Food for Thought


---------------------------------------------------------------
It is better to trust and be disappointed once in awhile than to distrust and be miserable all of the time.

-Abraham Lincoln

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Four Years!


HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CLINT!
FOUR YEARS!








I thought I'd take a moment to reflect on the things about my man! that I love most:





  • He has got gorgeous teeth and a sexy smile. It's the first thing I noticed about him when I met him.



  • He always makes me laugh.

  • He is a great athlete. We went to the batting cages last night and he looked so great in there...hitting every fast pitch. I was a proud wife.

  • He is willing to read the same books as me, even if they're kinda girly, so we can talk about them after.
  • He puts up with me treating him like my life-size Ken doll.

  • He'll entertain himself at the grocery store by pretending he has a limp. Trust me, he really commits to this limp the entire time we are in the store.

  • He doesn't get mad at me when I "overcook" dinner. Which happens a lot.

  • I always know he'll listen to me vent when I've had a bad or long day.

  • He loves dogs.


  • He plays with my hair until I fall asleep.

  • He always says "I'm sorry" first.

  • He thinks I'm beautiful...even when I have just rolled out of bed.

  • He is so great with our nieces.

  • He would do anything for my family. Especially my little sister.

  • He can't stand it when cars pass him on the road. Even if they pass him on the left like they're supposed to.

  • If I'm sick and sleeping in the bathroom, he'll sleep on the floor right next to me.

  • He convinces me to take bubble baths so he can sneak downstairs to play video games.

  • He gets SUPER excited for midnight showings of new movies.

  • He lets me buy shoes but he tells me if he thinks they are ugly.

  • He loves to goof around. He nearly ripped his toe off one night trying to hurry inside before me. As he was standing in the tub bleeding and cursing, he admitted that he was trying to get up the stairs before me so he could jump toward me, off the top of the stairs, with a blanket over his shoulders, like a giant bat. The fact that he can admit that that was what he was doing still makes me laugh so hard.

  • He is very affectionate.



  • He is very loyal to his friends. He would do anything for any of them. Any time.

  • He is ticklish.

  • He ALWAYS puts the toilet seat down!

  • He finds my OCD tendencies endearing...most days.

  • He is very FORGIVING!


Clint, you are my VERY BEST FRIEND! I am so lucky to be with someone so great!


I LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

Marcus and Amy said...

What a nice tribute! Happy Anniversary guys!

Jon and Briana said...

Yeah! I hope you had a great night/day or event to celebrate! You guys are the bestest friends ever and I know you guys will be happy forever! happy anniversary!

Carson said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Four years wow. I love this post! Call me so we can get together I mean it, REALLY :)

smith fam said...

Happy Anniversary! I think you forgot the red hair...I knew he was a winner when I found out he had red hair! I also think it is so sweet that he sleeps on the floor by you in the bathroom when you are sick...that is true love! Congrats - I can't believe it is four years already!