Food for Thought


---------------------------------------------------------------
It is better to trust and be disappointed once in awhile than to distrust and be miserable all of the time.

-Abraham Lincoln

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Fitness Update

So Clint and I have had a little bet going with my mom and dad. It started as a way motivate each other to be more healthy. Clint, my mom, and my dad both wanted to lose some weight and I wanted to start running consistently. So the goal is this:

GOAL:
Clint - must lose 26 pounds by September 1st
David - must lose 15 pounds by September 1st
Mom - must lose 10 pounds by September 1st
Emily - must run a 5k by September 1st

Ultimately we plan to go to a baseball game in Arizona but the person who does not reach their goal must pay for everyone else's way.

WHERE ARE WE NOW???

I have been running 2 miles each time I get on the treadmill. Although I still don't feel that I am quite ready to run a 5k, I am running one on August 16th in West Jordan.

Clint began the bet weighing 211. He has been running and has been on a very very STRICT South Beach Diet. As of last night he weighed 186.8. Amazing!

We're almost there!!!

4 comments:

Jon and Briana said...

Good work that is amazing for TC and so very hard! Keep running Em I know it sucks!

Marcus and Amy said...

Wow! I am super impressed! There is no way I could run a 5k! And great job TC! When did you guys start this again? I don't consider myself a big carbonation/caffine drinker, but every once in a while I crave a diet coke, so thats way cool that you guys could give it up while doing this!

Cunningham Clan said...

I started the diet in the middle of June, so I am happy with where I am at. I drink caffiene though, those Anser Fone nights somewhat require it.

Missy said...

I am really proud of you guys! Those kinds of goals take a lot of work. And I am loving your slideshow. I just can't get over what a gorgeous bride you were!