Food for Thought


---------------------------------------------------------------
It is better to trust and be disappointed once in awhile than to distrust and be miserable all of the time.

-Abraham Lincoln

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Em's Birthday - 27!

Is it just me or does anyone else feel older during the "odd" years of their life? When I turned 25 I felt so old. But when the next year came around, telling people that I was 26 didn't sound so bad. But now that another year has rolled around and I've reached the lovely age of 27, it feels and sounds old again! Even still...I had a wonderful birthday this year. Clint took me to my favorite restaurant the night before...Tepanyaki. Just writing about it makes me want to go there again. When I got home from work on my birthday he had me open some presents. He got me a new portable DVD player and the movie Sword in the Stone. (I love that movie!) Then we drove to my parents house because my mom had a gift she wanted to give me. And coincidentally, lots of my friends were at my parents house when we got there. Clint had planned a surprise BBQ for me. And since my birthday is so close to the holiday (July 2nd) we had a fun little firework show as well. It was very sweet. I am so lucky to be married to a guy who does anything and everything to make me happy. Here are some pictures from the day:





Jules and Em



Dre and Greg



Jules and Em



Mom being a goof



Mom forced me to wear this hat



Getting ready for fireworks



Clint - the fireworks guru

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marcus and Amy said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had a good one and how sweet of TC to give you a suprise party - he is a sweet guy like that! I turned 25 this year and I agree, I feel old this year so maybe I wont next year!

Missy said...

27 feels old to me, too. I think because it's so close to 30. I'm glad you had a fun birthday!

Heatherbether said...

I wonder what you have to write to have your comment deleted by a blog administrator??? Anyway, you may be 27 but you still look the same as I remember you. Time has been good to you and you're still as cute as ever! Happy Birthday Super late! You ever visit Natalie?