Food for Thought


---------------------------------------------------------------
It is better to trust and be disappointed once in awhile than to distrust and be miserable all of the time.

-Abraham Lincoln

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Egg on my face

Apparently TSA read my blog, because on my way home I experienced something new.....an airport shutdown. I was walking toward my gate when 3 TSA officers sprinted past me (one even jumping down over an entire flight of stairs) to shut down and secure the terminal. All the exits were blocked and shops closed. All we knew was that there was a security risk. 10 minutes later the airport opened up and I finally was able to get my breakfast but it did show me that the airport security officers actually did something.

Emily just accepted a new position with First West Benefits Solutions to do Human Resource consulting, something she truly loves. It is very unlike her to leave a job after such a short period of time, but this was just too good of opportunity to pass up.

We just got back from visiting the inlaws and a tentative trip was planned for Labor Day. The interesting part about the trip is the bet that goes along with it. Emily and I and her parents (David and Lisa) set fitness goals to achieve by September first. If I fail to achieve my goal, I have to pay for David's trip. If David fails, he has to pay for mine. If we both succeed, we break even and get to go on a trip together. If Emily or Lisa fail, they can''t come on the trip.

My goal is to simply lose 26 pounds. While that might seem like alot, my tight fitting pants would beg to differ. When I got married I hovered near 180 lbs but now find myself pushing the envelope at 211. Since Emily is half that weight, I rather avoid looking like an odd couple.

Emily's fitness goal is to work out regularly and run a labor day 5K with me, Lisa and David. This goal is made complicated by an extreme hatred of running from Em. She looks great but just wants to be healthier.

We both gave up carbonation. I lay awake weeping the loss of my friend known as Diet Pepsi.... Further complicating our goal is the season of girl scout cookies. I swear, those little cookies are made with pure lard....lard that tastes amazing.

March Madness began, and BYU is out. This continues their proud tradition of joining the tournament simply to print t-shirts saying they went to the tournament. Utah is too proud for the NCAA tournament, instead holding out for a tournament made up of teams that didnt make the NCAA OR NIT. True champions let other people win occasionally....atleast 13 outa 29 times (Utah was 16-13 I think).

I washed our cars today because it always makes me feel like summer is really here. The funny part about this story is that our neighbors had 7 kids (I suspect cousins) over and I "accidently" hit them with water from the hose. . . two or three times. It wouldnt have been so bad but the kid was on a tricycle. Ah well, he seemed to like it. Or maybe he didnt, children's cries all sound the same to me. But to put what I did in context, he was playing with no supervision on the road. Getting him wet was atleast giving him some sort of adult attention.

I was told that I needed to put more picture on here. Yeah. Still need to do that.

2 comments:

The Kari said...

Clint & Emily! I am so proud of you guys! I've been thinking about you guys a lot lately actually and it's nice to have some semblance of an update! Good job! And thrice in a month! Thats got to be some kind of record! :) I could show you how to add the links on your blog but I'm way to lazy to try and type it out. You should just come over to our house :) Deal?

Marcus and Amy said...

I am so behind! I didn't know you started to blog again! But I am highly enjoying reading the updates! Too funny! Sounds like you guys are doing great...way to go on the fitness goals! I hope things continue to work out, if they do then maybe you will give Marc and I some motivation. Keep the posts coming! We all need to hang out sometime!