Food for Thought


---------------------------------------------------------------
It is better to trust and be disappointed once in awhile than to distrust and be miserable all of the time.

-Abraham Lincoln

---------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Seth 3rd Birthday

3 years down, only 15 to go! Seth turned the big 0-3 and had a great time. Besides the normally small family gathering we also ventured to the dinosaur museuem at Thanksgiving Point...not sure why we thought he would like a museum at 3 years old but it was still a good experience.

Museum
 
This trip started out rough when I made the idiotic mistake of saying it was Seth's Birthday to the worker. So instead of Seth being free (2 and under) I had to pay $10 for him. Seriously, $10 for a 3 year old? What crap.



Once Seth noticed the dinosaur, he insisted I protect him. I appreciated his faith but didn't have the heart to explain to him that I would do nothing to bother the T-Rex except perhaps get stuck in his teeth on the way in or in his bowels on the way out. 
This room was pretty fun. I think the point was to demonstrate floodplains or something...we just made a dinosaur fort. Seth made it a goal to gather all the dinosaurs from all the other stations. What can you do?

This was a convenient sign for the photo but caused an issue when Seth didn't realize it wasn't really for him. He made a beeline for all the fake presents on the display next to it.


 Dinner

We hit up Seth's favorite food joint for dinner (Chick-fil-A). I didn't take many pictures because it is very difficult to do without looking very creepy. For some reason parents don't like strangers taking pictures around their children.
 
  

Not much exciting to add to this shot.

 
Gifts and Guests
 
To cap off the day we had some family over for a small gathering to accumulate more toys for Seth. I admit to being a little jealous.
 

A cute little motion montage made by Em. She is much more artsy than I am.
One of the few days of the year where Seth is allowed to eat all the sugar he wants. I welcome the sugar coma that naturally follows.
Sweet and simple decorations...that was my contribution.
Listen, we know Sloane is adorable but it is Seth's birthday. Pay attention....grandparents are always distracted.
Emily's cute gift table. To my, I mean his disapointment, nobody brought the 80 inch TV he asked for.
Seth's Flag Day cupcakes, apparently only good for the frosting. We threw at least 5 away with the frosting licked off but the actual cupcake left untouched.
We dove deep into my past to order a Baskin Robbins Ice Cream cake. Seth wanted dinosaurs (notice a theme) so we ordered a cake and put our own toys on it. Yeah, we rock.
Papa, Janet and Sloane. Both my dad and Janet were good sports and wore the birthday hats while Sloane simply had no choice.

 

Another Picture. Boom!



 

No comments: