Food for Thought


---------------------------------------------------------------
It is better to trust and be disappointed once in awhile than to distrust and be miserable all of the time.

-Abraham Lincoln

---------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Sloane Update

I need to post a Sloane update.  She is almost 6 months old and I feel like the time is just flying by!  Here are some pictures and an update on her progress.

In early May she got some crazy weird tummy bug.  She threw up once at her babysitter's house and then again several hours later at home.  After that she just didn't want to eat anything.  (I don't blame her!)  But it really started to worry us when she wasn't having any wet diapers.  And then her cute little soft spots started to look a little sunken and I knew she was getting dehydrated.  We were going to take her to the hospital but out of the blue a few days later she started eating again as if nothing had happened.  The best part about it is that she stayed as pleasant as could be throughout the whole ordeal.  She has been such a good baby! 

Even during her sickness, she was super happy.  But I did capture this moment when she was giving me a dirty look.  She wouldn't even crack a smile for me.  I think I was just bugging her when she was trying to sleep.

Happy Mother's Day to me!  Sloane was finally feeling better! 
Love these two kids!

I love this picture because she's missing a sock. My mom has a few pictures of me like this as a kid.

Waiting at the doctor office for her 4 month immunizations.  She was happy as a clam and had no idea what was coming. 
But even after she got her shots, she didn't cry too much. 

I had to take a picture of her crying.  Because she just didn't do it very often as an infant.

Sloane at 5 months. 
She is starting to lift herself up so high when she lays on her tummy. 
I love those big blue eyes!

First time eating solids around 5 1/2 months:  Rice Cereal. 
She seemed neutral about it.  Didn't hate it.  Didn't love it.
 Around 5 months old Sloane really started to move a lot.  She constantly wanted to sleep on her stomach but she wasn't very good about turning her face to the side so she could breathe well.  I had many sleepless nights at that point because I was so worried about her.  I would wake up at 2 am, go in her room to turn her face, check again at 3 am...then 4 am...it was a pretty rough stretch for me.  So Clint's boss offered him some great night vision cameras that she no longer needed.  I was able to just turn on the monitor right in bed and make sure she was ok.  These cameras saved the day.  (They were also pretty fun to have because we put a camera in Seth's room and would watch what he would do after we had put him to bed for the night.)


Sloane...face down in bed.  How she has survived...I don't know.

Sloane's hair is getting so long.  I am not good at doing hair.  I can barely manage my own.  So she will be wearing random weird pony tails for awhile.  After this pony tail day, Sloane's babysitter officially dubbed her "Pebbles" from the Flintstones.

Clint's favorite time as a daddy is when they are asleep in his arms. 
Sloane loves to fall asleep on him.

She's just taking a little cat nap.  What a life!

Grandma asked if we got any reception off these little pony tail antennaes. 
I just love those eyes and chubby little cheeks!

No comments: