Food for Thought


---------------------------------------------------------------
It is better to trust and be disappointed once in awhile than to distrust and be miserable all of the time.

-Abraham Lincoln

---------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, March 16, 2013

 It is amazing how quickly the time seems to go...Sloane is almost 7 weeks old and I'm already back to work again.  Sloane is such a mellow baby.  It's a totally different experience from what we had with Seth.  He wasn't a colicky baby but he did seem to cry a lot throughout the day.  He just never wanted to sit still.  He didn't like to sit in his swing or bouncer for very long periods of time.  He didn't take long naps. He just wanted to go go go!  But Sloane will sometimes just lay in her bassinet or crib and look around and grunt.  She doesn't really cry much at all and she's easily soothed.  She will sit in my lap and just look around at things. 

So that's the upside. 

The DOWNside compared to Seth is that she wakes up a lot in the night.  And I guess when I compare Sloane to other babies, her waking in the night is VERY normal.  But compared to Seth, she is a little devil child.  Seth was sleeping 6 hours a night by 2 weeks old.  By the time he was 9 months old, I could only count on one hand how many times he had woken up in the middle of the night.  Sloane wakes up consistently between midnight and 1 am and between 3 and 4 am, then again at 6 am.  And then she wants to sleep in and won't really wake up until 10 am.  I don't think I've gotten more than a 4 hour stretch of sleep since her birth. She's my little night owl! 

So these two kiddos are very different.   But I'm loving this little girl so much...even while having very sleepless nights.  Here are a few random pictures of Sloane since her birth. 


Her first pair of "shoes." I'll make a shoe lover out of her...just you watch!


Taking a bottle for the first time.

Mornings at the Cunningham house
Sleepy Sloane.  I still have difficulty waking her from a nap sometimes.

She was particularly alert one Sunday morning when I took this picture.  She really has the cutest eyes when she is fully awake.

You can see she is definitely getting some super chubby cheeks in this picture. 

I love this picture for a few reasons.  1) I love her face.  She looks really suspicious of me. 2) That belly is HUGE!!!  She has a gut like a middle-aged man! 

One month old today. 
I seriously have SO much fun putting outfits on her.  It's all about the bows.  Her outfit is cute but once I put that bow on her...BAM!  She became adorable!

Some Sloane/Daddy cuddle time in the evening

This is a fun picture.  I caught a shot of Sloane in one of the rare moments that she cried out loud.  It must have been the onesie she was wearing.  She is super content in BYU blue.

No comments: