Food for Thought


---------------------------------------------------------------
It is better to trust and be disappointed once in awhile than to distrust and be miserable all of the time.

-Abraham Lincoln

---------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, February 11, 2013

Sloane is here!

Our little Sloaney-bug is here! 

Finally! 

This pregnancy seemed to go by really fast in the beginning but, as it is the last time I will ever be pregnant, I got so antsy by the end to just get her here and move on to the next phase of our life! 


I created this birth announcement all by myself!  I'm not very saavy when it comes to graphic design so my announcement is still pretty simple but I like it.
  I have seen the most adorable pictures of newborns and wanted to make sure that I got pictures of Sloane at a young age.  With Seth, we didn't get pictures done until he was 5 weeks old.  That is still young but I wanted pictures of a tiny, tiny newborn where you can put her in any position and she'll just sleep.  So I scheduled a photo shoot at FotoFly when she was just four days old.  Here were the favorites:

Poor Sloane scratched her cheek with her razor sharp fingernails on our way to FotoFly so she has this little red mark in a lot of the pictures.


This picture makes me think of Elvis saying, "Thank you, thank you very much."  I wanted to use this picture for the Thank You cards that I put together.  But I wasn't sure anyone would get my joke. 

How her hand got stuck in that position, I don't know. 


Yeah...ask Clint how he felt about the photographer setting up this pose?  He was freaking out in the corner of the studio.

Seth was so thrilled to be in the pictures with Sloane.  He has surprised me.  I thought he would try to pull her eyelids off the moment he met her but he has been gentle and always wants to give her kisses.

See?  He loves to kiss her cheeks.  Sloane doesn't love it as much.

This is a glimpse into the future, I'm sure.  Seth teasing Sloane and loving it while Sloane freaks out.

I am in LOVE with this picture.  These are OUR two kids!  We are so blessed!

I'll throw this family shot in even though we aren't as cute as Seth and Sloane are in their pictures.


No comments: