Food for Thought


---------------------------------------------------------------
It is better to trust and be disappointed once in awhile than to distrust and be miserable all of the time.

-Abraham Lincoln

---------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Easter

I love planning dinner parties.  Clint hates it because once I get the idea in my head I don't stop thinking about it.  I decided I wanted to do an elegant Easter dinner for my family.  It was pretty stressful but it was also a lot of fun to put all the ideas together.

I made lemon cupcakes with a chocolate flower sucker

I saw a picture for this beautiful flower arrangement online and I tried to replicate it but I didn't realize how difficult it was to arrange flowers.  My attempt was hideous so I had to go buy all new flowers and took it to my mom for help.  It doesn't look quite like what I had envisioned but it still turned out ok.

Another look at the table setting.  I added homemade nametags to the napkins and tied pastel ribbons around the glasses.

A closeup of my nametags.

The food.

We also took Seth to the Easter Egg Hunt at South Jordan City.  There had to be a few thousand people there!  But we helped Seth practice at the house for a few days so he knew just what to do when the announcer said "Go!"


He got a pretty good haul!


We had a whole Easter egg hunt planned for Seth that would lead him to a little basket of toys but the video was too long to post.  I just put the end on.  He didn't really even care about the toys.  He was so focused on finding ALL the eggs.  Sorry my voice is so high pitched and whiny.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Wow, good job with the dinner!