Food for Thought


---------------------------------------------------------------
It is better to trust and be disappointed once in awhile than to distrust and be miserable all of the time.

-Abraham Lincoln

---------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Another House Project = Father/Son Bonding

I'm weird. I get really excited about the "tiniest" house project and want to take pictures and document everything! So I'll apologize right now because this posting is only about my new kitchen faucet....not the least bit interesting to most readers, I know.

Recently, I noticed that our kitchen faucet was leaking pretty bad. Clint took it apart and discovered that the washer around the pullout hose was worn down and needed to be replaced. So he went to the hardware store and paid .84 for a washer. But alas! This dollar project turned out to be much more expensive! It turns out that the washer he bought wasn't the right size. And by the time we discovered this little (but important) detail, the faucet wasn't just leaking; it was completely non-functional! It gets worse: the hardware store didn't even carry the size we needed.

So what did we do? We decided we might as well replace the kitchen faucet all together. After all, it was looking pretty dingy and outdated. And since Clint had never replaced a kitchen faucet, he slyly recruited my dad to come over and assist. A project that would've taken Clint and I three hours...possibly more...turned into an easy 45 minute task with the help of my dad.

Here are some pictures of their "manly" bonding time under the kitchen sink!




And of course...the end result!



2 comments:

Marcus and Amy said...

Very nice! I like that style! You know you are a grown up when you get excited about those types of things! I am like that too!

smith fam said...

a kitchen faucet is a big deal...think of how many times you use it in just a day...good choice; it looks great!