Food for Thought


---------------------------------------------------------------
It is better to trust and be disappointed once in awhile than to distrust and be miserable all of the time.

-Abraham Lincoln

---------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Summer Time = Yard Work


I look forward to the spring and summer seasons every year because I love flowers. As a fairly new home owner, it has been sort of fun to plant flowers and make the yard my own. I say 'my' own because Clint doesn't share my same passion for yard work. Nevertheless, he helps me dig holes and plant flowers and pull weeds and mow the lawn. He's so great!

Our neighbors across the street have an immaculate yard. I am green with envy every time I see their beautiful thick, weedless lawn. It is such a nice yard to look at. So this year I decided I was going to try to keep up with them and give our yard a little "umph!"

I decided that I wanted one edge of our grass to be scalloped. I thought it would be a pretty simple job and that I could do it on my own but Clint came out and helped me anyway. And it's a good thing he did! It took us more than 5 hours! But it sure looks good!








A view of this part of the front lawn 1 month ago and today:


I even attempted to make some planters for the backyard. Wasn't a great first try but the backyard needed something!




Hopefully next year I will be an even more polished green thumb!

6 comments:

Jon and Briana said...

that looks amazing! the hard work really paid off! I love the line on the side and the big bush every once in awhile! you are very good at this yard stuff em! and good job helping Tc!

The Hatch Family said...

Looks beautiful, I also love it when my yard gets flowers! It's one of my favorite things. I just got mine planted a few days ago and I love it now every time I pull up. We do have a full acre of land so there's still lots of work to do but it's coming along!

Nate and Marie Johnson said...

Looks great! The flowers really did the trick. I dream of the day and hope I can be as enthusiastic about it.

Natalie Sue said...

Wow, Emily, that looks really good! You guys did a great job! That's a lot of work.

Marcus and Amy said...

I am impressed that you have the energy and excitment to do that! I am with TC, its not my cup of tee to do yard work, but it looks great! I actually one day would like to have a garden, but since I don't like working in the yard...I doubt it will ever happen!

Carson said...

Looking good! I wish my yard looked as good as yours, Bryan wont let me plant any plants until the out side of our house is done!