Food for Thought


---------------------------------------------------------------
It is better to trust and be disappointed once in awhile than to distrust and be miserable all of the time.

-Abraham Lincoln

---------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Trying to establish a habit of posting pictures with captions or stories

It has become blatantly obvious to me that I have left most of the family record keeping up to Emily. While she is much more organized than myself, it is hardly fair. To attempt to remedy that, I will really really really try to do a small update every few weeks with pictures/captions/short stories. So all 2 of you reading this can sit back and enjoy the growing pains.

Cunningham Family Road Trip

It took an entire bag of cotton candy to bribe Seth to sit still for this picture. Amazingly that bad disappeared without a trace a short time later....
During the weekend of May 3rd, we took a quick road trip down to the southern part of Utah. During this excursion, we learned a few things:

1) Sloane is the best baby ever. During the 10 or so hours of driving, she didnt make a peep AND she didnt have any smelly diapers. Champ.

2) Roadtrips that time well with naptime are amazing. We were able to time both our departure and our return journey with Seth's nap so he slept for half the driving. A sleeping Seth equals a well-behaved Seth.

3) Potty Training while on a roadtrip isn't that bad...as long as you aren't afraid of touching every side of the wall in a gas station bathroom stall....and the toilet....and the floor....and the walls again. Everytime I took Seth to go potty I felt like my entire body was being rubbed against a urinal cake.

4) The only limit to the amount of times you can sing along with the Pitch Perfect CD is placed by either your spouse or child. I know I sound good so I guess I don't really need their approval.

 
More Potty Training
 

I really don't have an explanation for this.
 
I don't know how he didn't pee on his own face.

For the past 3/4 weeks we have been diligently trying to get Seth to use the Potty. It has been increasingly successful even though he still struggles to communicate the need to poop PRIOR to soiling his undies. I have finally mostly given up trying to save his "heavily used" undies because I figure a dollar is worth me not dry heaving.
 
Emily Sleeping
 
My entry couldn't possibly be complete without some pictures of Emily sleeping. She absolutely hates that I post these pictures but I can't help it.
 
Looks like Em doesnt just steal the sheets from me...


 
Sloane is patiently waiting for mom to wake up.
 
Emily isn't quite sleeping but apparently she makes a fantastic pillow. Hopefully Sloane comes up for air once in awhile since it looks like she is trying to wedge her heads in between the natural headrests.


No comments: