Food for Thought


---------------------------------------------------------------
It is better to trust and be disappointed once in awhile than to distrust and be miserable all of the time.

-Abraham Lincoln

---------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Happy 30th Birthday to Clint!

My man will be 30 in just a few hours.  He is such a wonderful guy.  In the spirit of this awesome birthday milestone, I thought I would share 30 reasons why I love this guy.  (I came up with way more than 30 reasons...I just narrowed it down to these few favorites.)



I love Clint because...

  • ...he can always make me laugh
  • ...he isn't threatened by my feisty nature
  • ...he is SO loyal to his friends
  • ...he tears up during sad parts of movies
  • ...he will go get me anything I'm craving (even when I'm not pregant) no matter how far he has to drive or how late/early it might be
  • ...he willingly changes poopy diapers
  • ...while his knowledge of sports can be annoying (ie during fantasy football time) it is fascinating to me that he can soak it all in like a sponge
  • ...he is the most loving and affectionate daddy.  Our children will never question whether or not he loves them
  • ...he has the most adorable smile when he is laughing
  • ...he has this gorgeous smile but he somehow can't figure out how to smile on cue for a camara
  • ...he made me a fan of Harry Potter
  • ...not only does he NOT complain about me having a girls night out, he actually supports me in having that kind of time out to myself
  • ...he is way better at painting things than I am
  • ...he loves his mom
  • ...he will rub my ankles or feet and play with my hair anytime.  I don't even have to ask him to do it
  • ...he does the best "Kermit the Frog" impression of my OB/GYN
  • ...if he has to hold my purse he refuses to carry it by the handle.  He will hold it like a football
  • ...he has toned down his dislike for BYU because of me...even though I'm sure he would love to rag on them more
  • ...he loves Pepsi Max almost as much as he loves me...almost
  • ...he makes a mean grilled cheese sandwich
  • ...he plays the catcher position in baseball, he's really good at baseball, and he looks sexy in his catcher uniform
  • ...he is so forgiving
  • ...he doesn't get mad at me for buying shoes or decorations for the house
  • ...he put Danny Devito on my 'list'
  • ...he makes up his own lyrics to songs and actually thinks they are the correct words
  • ...he helps me tidy up the house after Seth goes to bed because he knows I sleep better when things are clean
  • ...he can't help but give commentary/trivia tid bits during any movie we are watching
  • ...not only does he support the baby/disciplinary routines that I want to use on our children, he actively participates in the process
  • ...I have NEVER had to tell Clint to put the toilet seat down...EVER
  • ...I never feel inadequate with Clint because he constantly tells me how much he loves me, what a good mom I am, that I'm a good cook, that I look pretty even when pregant or just after rolling out of bed in the morning.  He makes me feel important!
So there you have it!  30 reason why I am the luckiest girl to have snagged a handsome, younger-than-me, amazing man like Clint!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLINT! 
I LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

This is so cute Emily!! Clint is one amazing guy! Happy Birthday Clint!

Unknown said...

Emily, what a fun/great tribute. I love you both and I like the way your personalities compliment each other. Have a fun time. Happy Birthday to my wonderful son, I couldn't ask for a better one!